The Mackie Onyx Blackbird Premium 16x16 FireWire Recording Interface delivers industry-leading recording quality via eight boutique-quality Onyx preamps and high-end 24-bit/96kHz conversion in a sleek rackmount design.
The Mackie Onyx Blackbird features true analog hardware monitoring, in both mono and stereo, providing simple zero-latency recording, while onboard word clock and 8x8 ADAT I/O allow for ultimate expandability.
Two front panel “Super Channels” provide quick access to crucial recording tools and the powerful Blackbird Control DSP Matrix Mixer allows for quick mix creation and routing of any input to any output.
The Mackie Onyx Blackbird also works as a standalone 8-channel preamp rack, offering a single box solution ready for integration into your studio or digital live setup.
Mackie Onyx Blackbird Key Features:
- Eight boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps with class-leading fidelity and dynamic range
- High-headroom design with ultra-low noise and distortion
- Professional 16x16 24-bit/96kHz recording/playback
- Flexible FireWire routing
- 8x8 ADAT I/O for ultimate expandability
- Onboard word clock I/O for studio and live integration
- Acclaimed JetPLL jitter elimination technology
- High-end Cirrus Logic AD/DA converters with 114dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- Compatible with most major DAWs, including Logic, SONAR, Cubase, Ableton Live, Final Cut Pro and more
- Powerful and flexible “Super Channels”
- Front panel connectivity for easy access
- True analog hardware monitoring of inputs, in mono or stereo, for easy zero-latency recording
- 80Hz low-cut switches
- Dedicated 48V phantom power
- Built-in DI for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
- Inserts for outboard processing gear
- Ideal eight input standalone preamp unit with up to 96kHz ADAT (S/MUX II) outputs
- 48V phantom power on all inputs for use with condenser microphones
- Studio monitor, main and alternative outputs with independent level control and source selection
- Two headphone outputs with independent level control and source selection
- Includes powerful Blackbird Control DSP Matrix Mixer
- Route any input to any output
- Zero-latency tracking of all inputs
- Quickly set up independent mixes for headphones and more
- Easily aggregate up to four units on Mac or PC
- Built-Like-A-Tank sleek and ergonomic chassis design
- Includes Tracktion 3 Music Production Software